Below are the Admission Policies for St. John's Primary and Nursery School. Please note that Southampton City Council process and deal with all admissions into our school, with the exception of the Nursery.
If you wish to apply for a school place at St. John's, please click on the link below and it will take you to Southampton City Council's school admission's page.
If you require a Nursery place, you can either download and complete the Word form and email it to email@example.com or print off the form and return it to the school. Your child will then be added to our waiting list. Our nursery offers five morning or afternoon sessions and full day places - Monday to Thursday, to those eligible for 30 hour funding. We take children from the term after their third birthday (September, January or April).
A numerical code is needed to qualify for the extra funded hours. For your information we have included the guidelines on eligibility:
Eligibility for additional free entitlement will include households where:
- All parents (whether two –parent family or lone parents) are working and earning the equivalent of 16 hours a week national minimum or living wage (includes income received for tax credits or universal Credit) and/ or:
- One/both parent/s is away on leave (parental, maternal etc.)
- One/both parent/s on statutory sick pay.
- Parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible, as are those who are registered as self-employed.
- One parent is employed and the other parent has either: substantial care responsibilities/and or disabilities; is a foster carer with their own 3 and 4 year old children.
- Parents who are in training will not be eligible as they can receive other Government support.
- There is an income cap. If one parent’s income exceeds £100k the household will not be eligible.