Free School Meals
The Government recently introduced the Universal Free School Meals Policy which entitles all children in Years Reception, 1 and 2 to a hot lunch everyday for free. At St John's we strongly advise parents to opt into this. Parents of children in this age group are still encouraged to make an application for Free School Meals if they meet the eligibility criteria because this also generates the Pupil Premium, which gives schools additional funding.
Parents of older children may not have to pay for school lunches if they meet the eligibility criteria, and this also generates the Pupil premium for their school.
You may be eligible to FSM if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with some restrictions)
Please use the relevant link below to apply for FSM/PP if you meet the criteria.