Free School Meals
The Government introduced the Universal Free School Meals Policy which entitles all children in Reception class and years 1 & 2 to a hot lunch everyday for free. At St John's we strongly advise parents to opt into this. Parents of children in this age group are still encouraged to make an application for Free School Meals if they meet the eligibility criteria because this also generates the Pupil Premium, which gives schools additional funding.
Parents of older children may not have to pay for school lunches if they meet the eligibility criteria, and this also generates the Pupil Premium for their school.
Your child may be eligible to FSM if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Please use the link below to apply for FSM/PP if you meet the criteria.